Spring #PowerPanel 2020
Bridge Builder Award
Learn how to create an Inclusive Culture in your circle of influence & how to support Ethical Journalism from local Media Experts! CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS
About this Event
Power Panel 2020: Creating an Inclusive Culture in Your Circle of Influence
Date/Time: Sun, April 26, 2020 1:00 PM – 3:30 PM CDT Add to Calendar
Event Location: ArtCentre of Plano 902 East 16th Street Plano, TX 75074 View Map
After our tremendous success in Houston, we're thrilled to expand our network & resources to our sister-city of DFW!
Join us for an afternoon of networking, collaboration, and tons of ah-ha moments! This event is perfect for adults, young professionals and students to attend!
#PowerPanel2020 focuses on “Creating an Inclusive Culture in Your Circle of Influence".
This highly anticipated event provides insight, tools, networking, resources and will equip all attendees to promote & cultivate inclusive environments whether it's at work, school, your place of worship or within your community by spotlighting DFW's most influential inclusion champions!
We welcome all Professionals, Entrepreneurs, Small Business Owners, Philanthropists, Retired Professionals, Educators, Women in Action, Community Volunteers, Change Agents, Community Leaders, Students (Ages 14 & Up), Youth Leadership Groups and aspiring Young Professionals (YPs) to join the discussion! Our panel & networking event will help everyone grow their business, bottom-line, expand their network, and learn about ways to become Inclusion Advocates in any setting.
Attendees will enjoy:
Powerful panel discussions
Celebration of Woman of the Week Honorees
Celebration of 2020 Bridge Builder Awards
Delicious lite bites from local eateries
Refreshing drinks, coffee & tea service
Networking session with DFW's upcoming & aspiring professionals
Swag bags & promo material from sponsors and business level members for all attendees
Attendees will experience:
A live taping of video series Texas FireSide Chat with host Denise Hamilton, President of Collin County Diversity Council that will provide a guided discussion with media experts on Ethical Journalism. Media experts include Social Media Influencers, News Anchors, Producers, Bloggers, Journalists & Brand Managers.
About Texas FireSide Chat
Media attendees will be given tools and resources to help differentiate objective reporting and opinion-driven-data. We encourage all local and aspiring Bloggers, Social Media Group Moderators, Journalists, Journalism Majors, Local News Outlets, Community Connectors and students that participate in News/Media relations to attend this informative session, Graphic Designers, Social Media content creators and Influencers to attend
Non-Media related attendees will learn how to verify, test and dismiss information if it proves to be opinion-driven -data to prevent the spread & distribution of unreliable news
Jennifer Sheehan - Talk show host at FOX for The Jennifer Sheehan Show
Abbie Alter - Social Media Influencer + Digital Strategist
Farheen Raza - Talk show host at Radio Caravan & Podcaster
Ananda Kripa - Owner of Top Pick Media & Media Influencer
Dina Alsaid - 2020 Mrs. Richardson, Parent /Autism Advocate, Philanthropist
PowerPanel will be moderated by 2019 Dallas Business Journal's Women in Business Honoree
Irum Rashid-Jones focusing on promoting and cultivating inclusion into your circles of influence with DFW's Inclusion Champions to guide attendees through:
material, talk-cards & ice-breakers to use in any setting
table exercises to practice safe conversations
reliable resources for diversity & inclusion
access to panelists for 1x1 group discussion
Our #Spring2020 PowerPanel Inclusion Champions:
Dr. Adeola Chukwumah - Changemaker, Mom, Wife & Advocate
Bianca Chow - Diversity & Inclusion Lead at Fossil Group
Lady Chap - President of local non-profit Her Nexx Chapter
Nida Jawed - Life Coach & Ambassador, Radio Talkshow host
Tarnesha Nickens - Veteran, Wife, Mom, Professional & Advocate
Laura Ramirez - Director of Diversity & Inclusion at Ericsson, TEDx Speaker
Young Professionals & Students attending will have an opportunity to participate in our 2020 Mentorship Program.
Mentors/Mentee pairings will be announced during networking! Your mentor will be your accountability partner, coach, and lifeline to areas you want to explore related to college, career, entrepreneurship & social responsibility. *An enrollment packet will be given to all attendees to complete prior to starting program that requires parent/guardian signature + approval.
Celebrate 2020 Bridge Builder Honorees; local businesses & online companies that unite communities by supporting local non-profits, community groups and issues impacting our future generations
Bridge Builder (Small Business Category) Nominees Include:
Bridge Builder (Online Community Category)
1. What is the price for General Admission? Non - Members: $25 Reserve Seating for 5: $150 Students (14 - 18 w/Valid School ID, available to first 30 students) $15 DPW Members: $18 (must use membership code to redeem discount)
2. Is there assigned seating? HPW/DPW events are always opened seating, unless you have purchased a group seating. We encourage you to reserve a table to ensure your party is sitting together. If you purchased a single ticket (non-group), please plan to arrive early to select your preferred seat(s). Our program starts & finishes on time. We encourage all attendees to arrive ready for check-in 15 - 30 minutes prior to event time.
3. Can I buy tickets at the door? We encourage to purchase tickets in advance as HPW/DPW events are popular and are SOLD OUT ahead of time. If you plan to buy tickets at the door, we cannot apply any discount to your purchase. We also cannot guarantee to seat if the event is SOLD OUT and all ticket holders are seated.
4. What should I wear? The ATTIRE is Business Casual AND the Color Code for the event is Black and/or White. DPW encourages solidarity & collaboration among all groups of Professionals, Business Owners, Young Professionals, Student Organizations, Elected Officials, and guests.
5. Are there sponsorship opportunities to support an amazing event like this? We thank you in advance for your support that makes events like this affordable to the community! Our event sponsorship includes: Recognition during welcome ceremony, Recognition on All Event Signage, Logo on All Digital Presence & Flyers, Logo on Website, Mentions on Social Media, and company information on Press Release.
Sponsorship opportunities starts at $25. Visit us online to support our events at https://www.dallasprofessionalwomen.com//shop . You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com for more information with 'DPW - Sponship Info' in the SUBJECT line.
6. I'm a student, what can I expect? Our discount student passes are limited to 30 students at the rate of $15. You can still purchase a General Admission ticket to attend. Students will be given the opportunity to be paired with members of DPW Members, #WomenOfTheWeek, #PowerPanel Panelists & Table Hosts. Students will participate in hands-on activities with professionals, all while meeting other students aspiring to improve communities.
7. Is this a women-only event? DPW is a women-only membership organization and our attendees are 80% women at our events. Our Summits, Workshops and #PowerPanels are open to everyone because our programs provide education-based content. Please plan to bring your business cards + enable your LinkedIN profile to networking mode when you attend.
8. Is Child-Care Available? Child-care will not be available at this location due to the historic significance and irreplaceable artwork. We cannot allow anyone under the age of 14 years old to attend.
9. Which non-profits are the beneficiaries of this event? Spring PowerPanel supports the following local non-profits committed to improving the lives of all people through education, basic needs and healthy habits: Collin County Diversity Council, The Source of Hope & Human Embrace
10. Who should I contact if I have questions? Please contact our DPW Ambassador, Nida Jawed with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com with 'DPW - Spring PowerPanel' in the SUBJECT line.
TAG US! #HPW2020 #PowerPanel2020 #InclusionMatters2020 #DPW #PowerPanel20 #TexasFireSideChat #DPW2020
**A SPECIAL THANK YOU TO OUR GENEROUS SPONSORS + WONDERFUL VOLUNTEERS FOR WORKING HARD BEHIND THE SCENES - WE APPRECIATE YOU**